Pizza and Drinks Fridays
Lead a team to exceed the targets of a multi-million pound turnover business across multiple sites within the London area. Inspire motivate and train your people to be the best they can be and deliver the Paddy Power vision of being the most fun, fair and best value bookmaker on the planet.
What You'll be Doing...
• Deliver the annual budget through close management and a focus on market growth.
• Know and understand the District's (and each individual shop within it) financial reports in detail. Immediately identify any changes in business and take action as a result.
• Pro-actively monitor competitor activity and ensure that the business as a whole is fast to respond.
• Use the knowledge of shop teams to help maintain awareness of issues within the market place.
• Take responsibility for positively managing the implementation of change and the introduction of initiatives within the area.
Planning and Organising
• Hit all personal deadlines and ensure that your District has 100% compliance to company set deadlines and responses to Head Office where required.
• Ensure that a cycle of “Plan-Do-Review” happens consistently within your District and that both you and your reports can demonstrate a planned approach to your daily activity.
• Ensure that all administration and paperwork within your District. is completed within an appropriate timeframe.
• Ensure smooth communication of key issues and initiatives.
• Complete monthly shop business review meetings, applying appropriate business strategy and feeding back Head Office to improve the business.
Driving the Business
• Actively acquire customers from competitors and regularly review where opportunities exist to grow market share.
• Ensure that new shop openings are delivered operationally flawlessly and that we have the strongest shop team driving the best customer experience in a new marketplace that exceeds the financial plan from day 1.
• Be present in shops for a minimum of three days a week, make your time in shops count and be able to demonstrate what impact your presence in retail had on the business in any given week.
• Ensure that any customer affecting issues are dealt with immediately and have the ability to cut through obstacles that prevent this.
• Develop business links within the local community.
• Identify, plan and execute local initiatives for market growth.
• By your visible presence in shops ensure that in every marketplace where we operate the customer service offering is noticeably better than all of our competitors.
• Ensure that shop teams are delivering the brand offer to customers
• Be perfectly ‘tuned in' to what customers are saying and what motivates them - act as a conduit for customer feedback for the Senior Management Team.
• Review district large staking customers on regular basis, focusing on service standards and trading arrangements.
• Lead, drive, energise and motivate teams to deliver the business.
• Ensure that in every marketplace where we operate we have the best people working in our shops.
• Ensure that we recruit for ‘the next role' & develop people to be their best.
• Lead and drive shop stability, driving down reliance on relief staff and creating a strong sense of team in each shop.
• Act as a conduit for staff feedback within your District ensuring that Senior Managers and Head Office personnel have a full understanding of what is happening “on the ground.”
• Spot talent and drive an internal development pipeline which produces the Managers of the future.
• Ensure clear performance management processes are in place, responding to both good and poor performance with specific actions plans.
• Deal with people issues and problems in a timely fashion and where necessary use the company's disciplinary and grievance procedure.
• Ensure that the licenses within your District are protected to the best of your ability - respond immediately to any threats to a license.
• Promote social responsibility issues within district, working with local representatives as required.
• Develop a personal network with key members of local organisations e.g. Police, Council, Gambling Commission, Town Watch, Newspapers, Bookmakers.
• Ensure that Health & Safety is adhered to and audits are completed as required.
• Follow up promptly to Loss Prevention and Risk Audits.
• Ensure that shops are adhering to the correct policies
• Ensure that cash systems are reconciled and issues resolved
• Cease every opportunity to drive down costs whilst maintaining the highest possible standards on the high street.
• Actively review all controllable costs within the District and take full responsibility for the cost element of your P&L.
• Review rotas and trading patterns to ensure we offer the best possible levels of customer service whilst achieving budgets.
• Monitor shops to ensure return on investment, taking corrective action where appropriate.
• Be able to demonstrate consistent logic with decisions taken and always have a clear objective that sits behind the decision.
• Manage ‘through' not ‘for' your people and ensure that accountability for decisions sits at the right level in the organization.
• Evaluate which issues need to be escalated to Head Office functions and/or Senior Managers within the business.
• Ensure that any commercial decision within your district has a clear cost/benefit review prior to implementation.
What You'll Get in Return...
Our passion has helped us take the betting industry by storm. So we think it's only fair that you enjoy excellent rewards.
The Fun Stuff
The Boring Stuff
There is more, but we won't go on...